Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in your community? The Open Line is always looking for volunteers who are willing and able to dedicate their time, energy, and/or resources to assisting local families in need.
More than 200 volunteers generously contributed more than 4,000 hours of service to The Open Line from July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012. Their time and talent was spent driving patients to medical appointments, stocking shelves in the food cupboard, tutoring GED students, assisting with office projects, and serving on committees. These volunteers have expanded staff capacity and given back over $90,000 (based on the value of $21.79 per volunteer hour) to the Upper Perkiomen Valley community. Without the dedicated efforts of volunteers, many of our programs simply could not happen.
The Open Line offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. Our goal is to find the best possible match that fits your schedule and interests. Your time and effort as a volunteer is appreciated by The Open Line. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Office Support – Prepare bulk mailings, photocopy, cover phones, etc.
- Food Cupboard – Count and shelve food donations
- Transportation – Drive patients to and from medical appointments
- Tutoring – Help adult students prepare for the G.E.D. exam
Special Events – Assist at agency fundraisers and special events
- Penny Auction – Annual fundraiser held every November
- Holiday Programs – Volunteer to help with Angel Tags and/or Adopt-a-Family
- Community Day, Expos, etc.
Committee Members – Serve on agency committees
- Fundraising events
- Press releases
- Public relations
- Grant writing
- Corporate sponsorship programs
- Nominating: Recruiting volunteers and board members
If you would like to volunteer, download and complete the Volunteer Form detailing your skills and experience. Forms can be returned to The Open Line at 452 Penn Street, Pennsburg, PA 18073 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
More Ways to Help
- Underwrite The Open Line's newsletter and its distribution
- Sponsor one of The Open Line's events
- Recommend people to become involved
- Provide speaking engagements
- Ask businesses to support The Open Line
- Provide administrative support
If you wish to learn more, call The Open Line at 215.679.4112 to speak to the Executive Director, Lilibet Coe or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.